Civil Society Award for Social Inclusion to Future Worlds Center
Future Worlds Center was honored with a Civil Society Award as the best CSO in the category Social Inclusion during the first annual Civil Society Awards Ceremony held at Chateau Status Restaurant Saturday 7 June 2008.
People who can claim ownership of this award
Primarily, the members of the Board and relevant advisory boards may claim credit for this award. But also all members of Future Worlds Center involved in the activities for which the award was given may mention this award in their respective CVs as a collective recognition of their work and contributions. This includes Isabelle Ioannides who prepared the application and represented the organization.
Future Worlds Center received the award in recognition of its long history of contributions, initiatives and activities related to social inclusion both on local and international levels. The Organization promotes inclusion in a number of different way, including:
- Implementation of structured democratic dialogues that include all stakeholders in addressing a social issue implemented by the organization.
- Implementation of projects which promote inclusion and dialogue:
- The Philosophy, Values, Good Organization, focus on peace, special focus on vulnerable groups and the role of Cyprus as peripheral center. 
- The many activities that promote cultural diversity and intercultural understanding among young citizens
- Emphasis on projects that promote active citizenship and youth participation on European level#
- It promotes the Millennium Development Goals
- Membership in many Eueopean and International Organizations:
- * Inhope Network (www.saferinternet.org, www.inhope.org)
- Cypriot National Network of the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue between Cultures.
- The island-wide NGDO-platform in Cyprus
- The European NGO-conferedation CONCORD (www.cyprusngdos.org).
- Founding member of the ‘Multicultural Cyprus for Children and Youth’ Network (www.multiculturalcyprus.org).
The winners of the 2008 Civil Society Awards Ceremony were:
Social Inclusion Future Worlds Center and Turkish Cypriot Special Education Foundation (ÖZEV)
Education and Culture HASDER Folk Arts Association and KENTHEA Information and Rehabilitation Centre for Drug addiction
Environment Biologist Association ‘Bio Der’ and Cyprus Marine Environment Protection Association-CYMEPA
Gender Association for the Prevention and Handling of Violence in Family and Mediterranean Sports Association
Health The Cyprus Association for Cancer Patients and Friends and Help Those With Cancer Association
Youth Agros Youth Club and AKOVA Women’s Association
Island-Wide Cooperation Cyprus Dyslexia Association and Union of Chambers of Cyprus Turkish Engineers and Architects
Island-Wide Cooperation Association for Historical Dialogue and Research and Peace Players International Cyprus
- Chronological List of SDDPs by Future Worlds Center and Associates
- Future Worlds Center Philosophy
- Future Worlds Center Constitutional and Value Policies
- Future Worlds Center Policies and Procedures
- Future Worlds Center Special Focus in Promoting Peace
- Future Worlds Center Special Focus on Vulnerable Groups
- Future Worlds Center Special Focus in Promoting Cyprus as Peripheral Center