For a detailed curriculum vitae of Iliada Spyrou click: Full CV.
Mrs. Iliada Spyrou collaborates with Future Worlds Center since August of 2009. Mrs. Spyrou is the Project Coordinator of the Cyprus Safer Internet Helpline, which is being implemented by the Pancyprian Coordinating Committee for the Protection and Welfare of Children in the context of the Cyberethics project.
Mrs. Spyrou has graduated from Grammar School, a private school in Limassol and has a BSc in Psychology with a special interest in the field of education and developmental processes. She is currently taking her Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology. Mrs. Spyrou is a registered graduate Psychologist at ΣΕΨ. Before assuming the coordination of the Cyprus Safer Internet Helpline, she worked at the Hiltonia Summer Junior Club, as a secretary in a company and as Laboratory Assistant.
She worked with Pancyprian Coordinating Committee for the Protection and Welfare of Children from September 2010 until December 2014, as the Coordinator of the Safer Internet Helpline. Mrs. Spyrou has been with CNTI since January 2015, as the Coordinator of the Safer Internet Helpline. Mrs. Spyrou also organizes and implements workshops and other educational activities for online safety and vocational education. She has conducted more than 200 workshops at schools for children, parents, and teachers. Moreover, she was the coordinator of two LLP project (E-communic@tion 4 schools 2 parents and VET). Finally, she has participated at more than 20 EU meetings.
- Dates 2010
Title of qualification awarded: Cyprus Family Planning Helpline Operator Principal subjects / occupational skills covered:Human Sexuality, STD, and contraceptive methods Name and type of organisation providing education and training Cyprus Family Plannig (Organization) Lefkonos 20, Flat 303, 2064 Nicosia (Cyprus)
- Dates 04/04/2009 - 08/04/2009
Title of qualification awarded: Safer Internet Helpline Operator Training Program Principal subjects / occupational skills covered:Internet Related Dangers, and Principals of Counselling Name and type of organisation providing education and training Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute (NGO, Non Profit Organization) Promitheos 5, 1065 Nicosia (Cyprus)
- Dates 31/01/2009
Title of qualification awarded: Stress Reduction Certificate Principal subjects / occupational skills covered:Techniques that help people to reduce and release stress.
- Dates 24/05/2008 - 25/05/2008
Title of qualification awarded: Annual Members Training of Cyprus Family Planning Name and type of organisation providing education and training: Cyprus Family Planning Nicosia (Cyprus)
- Dates 18/04/2008
Title of qualification awarded: ACT against violence Training Principal subjects / occupational skills covered:There were 16 hours of training on some principles that were related to domestic violence. Name and type of organisation providing education and training:European University Cyprus Nicosia (Cyprus)
- Dates 27/03/2008 - 25/06/2008
Title of qualification awarded: KENTHEA Training Principal subjects / occupational skills covered:Works productively with young people and through workshops raise their awareness on issues related to drugs. Name and type of organisation providing education and training: KENTHEA
- 4/3/2010 Sexuality of Cypriots: Issues and Taboo
- 23/2/2010 Effective ways of communication and relation Building
- 18/2/2010 “Safer Internet” Issues
- 3/12/2010 Brain’s Pleasure System and the use of Drugs
- 27/11/2009 Πρόληψη και Αντιμετώπιση της Σεξουαλικής Κακοποίησης Παιδιών: Ευρήματα, Προκλήσεις και Προοπτικές
- 27/5/2009 “Multiple Intelligences: The first twenty five years in an increasingly technological Age.
- 5/5/2009-8/5/2009 14th International Conference of the A.P.P.A. Association of Psychology and Psychiatry for adults and children. Neuropsychiatric, Psychological and Social Developments in a Globalised World.
- 28/3/2009 Ψυχική Ανθεκτικότητα
- 10/3/2009 Domestic Violence and Child Abuse
- 29/1/2009 Mental health of university students
- 22/1/2009 Seminar “Easy Ways of Learning and Succeeding in Exams”
- 28/5/2008 and 29/5/2008 Child and youth research in the 21st Century: a critical appraisal seminar.
- 5/4/2008 Ανάπτυξη της Συναισθηματικής Νοημοσύνης μέσα από τη Συνεργατική Μάθηση
- 29/11/2008 Σεξουαλικότητα και Άτομα με Ειδικές Ανάγκες
- 29/11/2008 Η Δύναμη της Μουσικής στη ψυχή του ανθρώπου.
- 5/12/2008 First Aid
- 18/3/2010 Depression and low self esteem
- 27/2/2010 Drama therapy “Dream Weaving”
- 17/2/2010 and 24/2/2010 Youth Ambassadors for the Millennium Development Goals
- 11/7/2009 Depression and low self-esteem
- 30/5/2009 and 31/5/2009 Classical Psychodrama Moreno
- 5/4/2008 Θεατρικό Παιχνίδι Workshop
- 24/3/2009 "Looking for People, Finding only Shadows"-Workshop
- 20/2/2009-30/7/2011 Workshops based on personal development.
- 27/1/2009 & 29/1/2009 Effective Parenting: the “hard-to-manage” child
- 11/11/2008 Research Study: Study on Member states legislation, nation policies, practices and approaches concerning the victim of Crime.
- Academic Year 2009 Young Children’s Self-Regulation
- Cyprus Family Planning Organization
- Association for the prevention and handling of violence in the family
- Constantion Psychology and Criminology Research Center
- Cyprus Psychologist Association
- First Honors for Academic Achievement during the spring semester 2010
- Second Honors for Academic Achievement during fall semester 2009
- Laouris, Y., Spyrou I., Piper R., Yamanis M., Nikolettis M., Economou A., (2011). Safer Internet Conference (17 November 2011) «Discover the digital world together...safely!" The conference was given in English and speakers/experts from Cyprus and World Vision collaborating offices from (Georgia, Armenia, Lebanon, Jerusalem West Bank Gaza) presented current trends and news from each country related with Internet safety and the technological gap that exists between generations. The conference was under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture and Mr. Vartkes Mahdessian, MP Representative for the Armenian community in Cyprus will do the welcoming speech.
- Laouris, Y., Spyrou I.,Demosthenous G., Papanastasatos G., Nikolettis M., Hadjichristofis G., (2011). Internet addiction and other online dangers Conference (2 November 2011). The conference was given in Greek and experts from Cyberethics team and Frederick University Cyprus presented the issues of Internet Addiction and other online Dangers. The conference was under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture.
- Laouris Y., Spyrou I., Shitta G., Aristodemou E., Drakos A., Karkas G., Geordiadou O., Phaedonos P., (2011). Safer Internet Helpline Training (January 2001 – March 2011). The training was given in Greek and experts from Cyberethics team, Cybercrime Unit of the Police, and other associates (Lawyer, Psychologist) presented different kind of online dangers, the Law in Cyprus concerning the Cybercrime, and role playing that illustrated vividly different cases related to online dangers and some techniques on how to deal with it.
- Laouris, Y., Spyrou I, et. Al., (2011) European Insafe Training Meeting, Sinaia, Romania (5-6 April 2011). In this conference I presented a case study that we received at the Safer Internet Helpline and after that we carried out a workshop.