SDDP MeDevNet Strovolos 2011
This co-laboratory is part of a cycle of trainings and other activities organised within the framework of the European project Capacity and Synergy building among NGDOs and LAs in Greece, Cyprus and Malta for development. The MeDevNet project is implemented in the target countries Greece, Cyprus and Malta. The overall objective of this co-laboratory was to find the most influential obstacles that prevent cooperation beetween Local Authorities and NGO’s. The structured dialogue process empowered the consortium team to identify the most influential mechanisms in overcoming these obstacles. The workshop was organized using the structured dialogic design process (SDDP) approach within the context of a rich web-based communication environment.
The Triggering Question (TQ) was
What obstacles prevent cooperation between Civil Society & Local Authorities in Cyprus towards achieving MIllennium Development Goals (MDGs)?
In response to the TQ, participants came up with 33 ideas, which were categorized in clusters. Following the voting process, 21 ideas received one or more votes and were structured to create the influence MAP shown below.
According to the participants of this laboratory, appear to be the most influential were:
- Characteristic #20, Access to information and funding
- Characteristic #32, We don't realize in general how we can contribute to MDGs on local and individual
Sponsor and partners
The MeDevNet project is funded by the European Commission under the EuropeAid program.
The project’s partner organisations are:
- Development and Education Centre European Perspective
- Future Worlds Center (Cyprus)
- KOPIN (Malta)
- TEDKNA - Local Union of Municipalities & Town Councils of Attica (Greece)
- Valletta Local Council (Malta)
The associate partners are:
- Greek Platform of Non Governmental Development Organizations (Greece)
- NGO Platform ‘The Development’ (Cyprus)
- SKOP (Solidarjeta u Koperazzjoni) (Malta)
- Greek Migrants’ Forum (Greece)
- Migrants’ Solidarity Movement (Malta)
- The Association of Palestinian Community in Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Cameroonian Diaspora in Cyprus (Cyprus)
- Municipality of Leukara (Cyprus)
- UCLGA (Panafrican)