Youth of the World (II) Project is an 18-months-long Key Action 2 project supported by Erasmus+ of the European Commission. YoW is a project focused on creating inclusive youth led training for non formal education specifically for youth workers and secondly those involved in education of young prople with the ultimate objective of generating social inclusion and the promotion of a multicultural society promoting high-quality youth work. In this way, it will also be possible for youth workers to develop useful professional skills in the relevant sectors and boost the quality of their work. YoW intends to enhance the skills and performance of Youth workers and educators in general, through the promotion of innovative integrated approaches, such as inclusion, diversity, equality, and non-discrimination in youth activities. Particularly, Youth of the World fosters the development of social, civic, intercultural competences, media literacy and critical thinking, but also combating discrimination, segregation, racism, bullying and violence.
The project through enhancing Youth workers (educators in general) skills and performance on GE, wants to promote – in particular through innovative integrated approaches – inclusion, diversity, equality, gender-balance and non-discrimination in youth activities; especially foster the development of the aforementioned competences. Helping the development of youngest personalities taking in account local and global context, avoiding all those situation of marginalization/self-marginalization that case exclusion and drive young people to extremist radicalization.
Another objective of the project is to pass and share good practices on the use of GE and Prospective, especially to involve young people, youth organizations and others stakeholders, in order to spread the awareness on this topic and stimulate the creation of new GE Strategies in the partner countries. The project will provide a toolkit and tutorials on GE activities, training and multipliers events to share the knowledge among YW and build a network of youth organizations focus on the practice of GE. The project also foresee a final blended mobility of young people organized with the staff participating in project's training to be held during the Global Education Week in 2018 organized by North-South Center of Council of EU. The intention of our project, therefore, is to create non formal educational and training tools for youth workers who will then be able to integrate the GE Prospective in their daily work and organization, the aim is to spread this methodology in different sector of education. Our strategic partnership will engage with various sectors across EU in order to create its evidence base and educational tools including but not limited to the youth led sector and many other civil society and public sector entities.
- To empower youth workers to act as global educators in their own organizations and communities;
- To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from cultural, economic and political standpoints), social and global justice, climate change and other environment topics, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, Millennium Development Goals and Post 2015 Agenda;
- To create pro-active attitudes among young people towards global issues;
- To stimulate participation and involvement of young people in social processes as global citizens;
Our main target group will be youth workers therefore the participants in the project will be selected from Youth Workers working as educators or in youth organizations. The selection of participants in the project will be carried out in accordance with the defined objectives and expected results of each project's activity. During the blended mobility of young people un order to test and disseminate project results and issues, in this case we plan to involve 25 young people among 18-25 of whom at least 10 will have a migrant background or some kind of difficulties (especially social, economic and geografic).
- 24 youth workers participating in training event
- 24 young people and 6 youth workers involve in blended mobility
Activities and Expected Results
- 1. Tools Kit with partner's countries most relevant experiences (good/bad practices) in the creation of Global Education Programme for youth sector. A Tools Kit for youth workers, NGO, Associations, local entities, schools, informal group of young people etc. on how to use Global Education methodology in their daily activities. It will be realized in a digital format and it's the main permanently available information source for all partners, participants and target groups involved in the project.
- 2. Min 5 Tutorials on how to create GE activities programme for youth sector with tools and techniques that educators, schools or informal groups of young people can reuse. Tutorials will be realized during the training session.
- 3.5 multiplier events taking place in Italy, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Ireland, Portugal to promote the Tools kit, build contact seminar for future projects, promote the website of the Youth of the World.
- 4. A Final multiplier event of 1 day will take place in Greece to promote the Tools kit, promote the website of the Youth of the World seminar for future projects and presents the results of the project.
- 5. A multilingual project webportal that also works as network platform for the Youth of the World Community to put in connection projects and experiences in the field of GE especially in youth sector. The website is the entry point of the project. Developed with open source technologies, it works as the first contact of the user with the project where important documentation and information about the project can be found.
- 6. Facebook Page of the project which will be linked to the project website.
- 7. 4 newsletters in English to ensure Europe-wide dissemination of the project. Designed by the coordination of the dissemination Module by consultation with the partners, the newsletter will have a minimum of 4 pages A4, published and disseminated on the project website.
- 8. 4 workshop to be held during International meeting on Global Education and open to local stakeholders
- 9. 1 Staff Training event to be held in Sofia for 24 youth workers
- 10. 1 blended mobility of young people for 24 young people and 6 youth workers with a final activity of 7 days in Florence during the Global Education Week in November 2018