Building a Multi-Ethnic and Multi-National Cyprus to promote European Values and Regional and International Peace
Content specific objectives
|title_header= |content_header=The project is applying a series of SDDPs and development of Booklets to promote promote awareness and increase the sensitivity of the Cypriot Society on how a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural Cyprus serves European values and promotes regional and international peace.
|overall_objectives= The main objective is to promote awareness and increase the sensitivity of the Cypriot Society on how a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural Cyprus serves European values and promotes regional and international peace.
To meet the main objective, the project will engage students, teachers and parents in workshops and activities to create a vision map for a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic Cyprus, as well as visualize and implement specific activities, which contribute towards materializing the vision for a multi-cultural society. Through a number of additional actions, such as Panel Discussions, a Conference and Information Events it targets the Cypriot society, at large. To meet the objectives of the project, the applicants intend to employ two different types of activities: (1) Panel discussions and (2) Interactive structured democratic dialogue workshops.
- Students of different ages;
- A shared vision for a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic Cyprus created jointly by students, teachers, and parents.
- A set of specific activities to foster sensitivity for a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic Cyprus, carried out by participants involved in the project.
- Newspaper-publications about the structured workshops, and their outcome as an expression of a new vision shared across Cypriot students, parents, and teachers.
- A scientific publication of the results of the structured-design workshops.
- A series of five booklets about multiculturalism to be disseminated during panel discussions and other events.
- A final symposium combined with a press conference with take-home deliverables about the new vision shared across Cypriot students, parents, and teachers.
- A final project report to be disseminated to NGOs and schools across Cyprus.
|title_footer=Expected Results |content_footer= }}