European Design for All and eAccesbility Network
The European Design for All and eAccesbility Network (EDeAN) is a network of over 160 organisations in European Union member states. The Cyprus Neuroscience and technology Institute joined since 2010.
The goal of the network is to support all citizens' access to the Information Society. EDeAN provides:
- a European forum for Design for All issues, supporting EU's e-inclusion goals
- awareness raising in the public and private sectors
- online resources on Design for All
The European Design for All e-Accessibility Network (EDeAN) was established in 2002, in accordance with one of the specific goals of the eEurope 2002 Action Plan. The Action Plan was agreed on and committed to by the European Commission and all the member states.
- EDeAN was primarily created to provide:
- Input for European Curricula in Design for All.
- A forum for Design for All issues.
- Idea sharing through joint activities such as conferences, symposia and exchanges of students and scholars.