Human Rights through Media Literacy
International trainers Gary Gumpert and Susan Drucker conducted a series of Human Rights through Media Literacy workshops to promote critical and active listening and train participants how to deconstruct the news. The objective was for participants to learn how to read between the lines and how to identify stereotypes. The workshops were part of the HasNa Inc. funded program Reconciliation Now!.
- 16 April, 2004; 17.00-21.00 Classic Hotel
- 17 April, 2006 9.00-19.00 Saray Hotel, Lefkosa
- 26 June, 2004 9.30-19.00 Classic Hotel, Lefkosia
- 28 June, 2004 9.30-19.00 Atlantica Bay Hotel, limassol
Follow up workshops:
- In collaboration with CITI, 18th of September at the The Management Centre aiding individuals develop skills necessary for conducting workshops in bi-communal environments
- All November,workshop concentrating on “Media Literacy for High School Teachers”
- 28th of November at the premises of Grammar School
- In collaboration with the Cyprus Family Planning Association
In 2007, the two trainers repeated a Seminar on Media Literacy: Reading the News between the Lines at the Cyprus Fulbright Commission building sponsored by the Civil Society Dialogue project.