The Multimedia Factory
'The Multimedia Factory was the first multimedia company in Cyprus launched in 1992.
It was founded as a subsidiary of MIDnTED Ltd. with Yiannis Laouris, George Vakanas and Maria Symeonides also as shareholders. TMF was serving also CYBER KIDS as a technology group working with kids ages 8-12 to develop their projects into final commercial products.
Pioneer in professional Multimedia
|Animations for Institute of Technology||1993|
|Multimedia package for Electric Authority||1994|
|Educational Multimedia Game for Electric Authority||1997|
|Occupied Cyprus; 6-language Multimedia Information System (at airports and museums)||1997-1998|
|Hotel Information System "HISystem"||1994|
Educational Software development
|Quick Story Gold||1996-98|
|Draw & Paint||1996-98|
Educational Software development: “Factories for Research Projects”
|Fairy Tales Factory||2002|
The Multimedia Factory in the Media
The Multimedia Factory enjoyed substantial visibility from many media.
- Stylianou S., Laouris, Y, & El-Haddad, C. (1993). Multimedia, A new tool to help the dyslexic. First Science and Innovation Fair. Cyprus.
- Vakanas, G., Laouris, Y., Symeonidou, M., Loizou, E., Stylianou, S., Kouppe, P., and Georgiades, D. (1994). Mythology as a rich and meaningful context for integrated learning of literacy, numeracy and scientific inference: New possibilities. In J. Wright & D. Benzie (Eds.), Exploring a New Partnership: Children, Teachers and Technology, Proceedings of the IFIP TC3/WG3. 5 International Working Conference on Exploring a New Partnership: Children, Teachers and Technology, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 26 June - 1 July, 1994. IFIP Transactions A-58 Elsevier 1994, pp. 173-179.
- Laouris, Y. (1995). Towards a new Logo based on principles of object oriented and parallel processing. Educational Conference at Intercollege. Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., & Loizou, E. (1995). Principles of friendly screen design and its psycho emotional influences. Educational Conference at Intercollege. Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., & Symeonides, M. (1996). The computer in service of science subjects in elementary schools. First Cyprus Pedagogical Institute Conference 27/1//96, Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., & Makris, P. (1996). The role of computers in Dyslexia. First Cyprus Pedagogical Institute Conference 27/1//96, Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., & El-Haddad, C. (1997). The use of electronic story boards in the assessment of retention and learning attributes. 2nd Congress of the Cyprus Society of Psychiatrists, Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., & Makris, P (1997). A new computerized approach in the study of dyslexia using simple geometrical drawings on the computer. 2nd Congress of the Cyprus Society of Psychiatrists, Cyprus.
- Laouris, Y., (1997). Introducing children in OOP concepts using an interactive video game simulation. IEE CONF ABSTRACTS 1997 (Cyprus) Proc., p. 00.
- Laouris, Y., Minaidou, D., & El-Haddad, C. (1997). Computer interface for studying letter, word and pattern recognition strategies when interacting with computer screens. IEE CONF ABSTRACTS 1997 (Cyprus) Proc., p. 00.
- Laouris, Y, & Symeonides, M. (1997). Thumbnail representations in modern operating systems and other computer environments: Their effect on human machine interactions. IEE CONF ABSTRACTS 1997 (Cyprus) Proc., p. 00.