Anna Lindh Award to Future Worlds Center
From Future Worlds Center Wiki
Future Worlds Center ranked second place in the final election round for the 2011 Euro-Med Award for the Dialogue between Cultures and was awarded an Honourable Mention for the highly-esteemed work on intercultural dialogue for the promotion of freedom and citizenship. The Euro-Med Award for the Dialogue between Cultures is a very prestigious award given by the Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue Between Cultures an organization operating in 43 countries having over a 3000 organizational members, founded to honor Anna Lindh for her pioneer work.
People who can claim ownership of this award
Primarily, the members of the Board and relevant advisory boards may claim credit for this award. But also all members of Future Worlds Center involved in the activities for which the award was given may mention this award in their respective CVs as a collective recognition of their work and contributions.
- The high number of structured democratic dialogues implemented by the organization.
- Notable projects which promote dialogue, such as Act Beyond Borders, Teach MDGs, Multicultural Cyprus, Moblang, UCYVROK, Civil Society Dialogue, etc.
- The world-wide initiatives and books written by members of its Board Aleco Christakis,  Yiannis Laouris, Harry Anastasiou, Kerstin Wittig and Romina Laouri.
- The Philosophy, Values, Good Organization, focus on peace, special focus on vulnerable groups and the role of Cyprus as peripheral center. 
- Article published in Seeds of Change - Heiner Benking's Blog
- Article published in Cyprus Mail 21 Oct, 2011
- Press release on FC Blog
- ↑ Award announcement on Anna Lind's page
- ↑ Anna Lindh Euro-Mediterranean Foundation for the Dialogue Between Cultures
- ↑ Anna Lindh
- ↑ Positive Nett-Works e.V. Page
- ↑ Goethe-Institut represents the German Anna Lindh Network
- ↑ Anna-Lindh-Salon
- ↑ Chronological List of SDDPs by Future Worlds Center and Associates
- ↑ Aleco Christakis and Kenneth C. Bausch.(2006). Co-laboratories of democracy: how people harness their collective wisdom to create the future. Boston, MA: Information Age Publishing.
- ↑ Aleco Christakis and Tom R. Flanangan (2009). The Talking Point:Creating an Environment for Exploring Complex Meaning. Boston, MA: Information Age Publishing.
- ↑ Yiannis Laouris (2011). Masks of Demons: A journey into the Discovering and Breaking of Stereotypes in a Society in Conflict. CreateSpace, USA
- ↑ Harry Anastasiou (2008). The Broken Olive Branch . Nationalism, Ethnic Conflict, and the Quest for Peace in Cyprus. Syracuse University Press, NY
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Philosophy
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Constitutional and Value Policies
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Policies and Procedures
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Special Focus in Promoting Peace
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Special Focus on Vulnerable Groups
- ↑ Future Worlds Center Special Focus in Promoting Cyprus as Peripheral Center