The DfA@eInclusion Coordination Action (CA) aims to contribute towards the advancement of eInclusion in Europe through fostering design for all. Towards this end, DfA@eInclusion will continue, extend and enhance previous efforts targeted to the creation of a sound Design for All (DfA) interdisciplinary theoretical framework of reference and a set of proven engineering practices, by addressing the following strategic objectives:
- Support to existing European initiatives to promote Design for All and in particular the European Design for All eAccessibility Network (EDeAN);
- Enhancement of existing partnerships between academic, research, user, and industrial communities to promote e-inclusion through adopting and promoting effective DfA practices;
- Facilitation of DfA knowledge spillovers across industry sectors and communities through appropriate mechanisms for knowledge transfer;
- Support the mainstreaming of accessibility in IST products and services through a series of dissemination activities.
The CA aims to support networking for Design for All in Europe, in order to promote eInclusion by advancing DfA practices in the Information Society. In particular DfA@eInclusion aims to support the efforts of the European Design for All and eAccesbility Network (EDeAN) towards the implementation of the eInclusion priorities and the eEurope 2005 and i2010 Action Plans.
The Cyprus Neuroscience and Technology Institute joined a a sub-contracted partner effective January 1, 2007 and for the duration of the Project. It means until December 31, 2009.
Its tasks included:
Related to Task 7.2: Information preparation
- Dissemination of reports to policy makers, decision makers from the industry and private sector, educators in relevant areas.
- Scientific papers for conferences and journals.
- Distribution of project brochure, promotion material for project events and actions, information material for rising of awareness of DfA, posters and display information.
Related to Task 7.3: Seminars and workshops
- Organization of structured dialogue workshop to engage policy, industry and decision makers.
Related to Task 7.4: General information, press and media
- Presentation of project results to different media; announcement of the project goals, achievements and outcomes in specialized publications (electronic newsletters, conferences, journal publications); promotion of publication series of DfA cases in a press format.