Dr. lker Yengin holds a PhD in Educational Studies with emphasis in Instructional Technologies (¬ 2011) form University of Nebraska – Lincoln, a PhD in Digital Design and Human Computer Interaction (2008) from Kyungsung University, Busan/S.Korea, an MSc in Information Technologies (2008) form University of Bahcesehir, Istanbul – Turkey and a BSc in Computer Teaching and Educational Technologies (2005) also from University of Bahcesehir. Since 2011 Dr Yengin is currently a Scientist with specialty in Edutainment Applications at A*STAR, an Institute of High Performance Computing. Dr Yengin is an experienced tutor with specialty in emerging educational technologies.
His major research interest focuses in designing technology for creating situations for students to generate deep cognitive processes to develop higher order thinking skills, creativity and motivation. His interests include Collaborative Knowledge Building Technologies, Social Robots for Teaching, Interaction Design (Human Computer/Robot Interaction), Digital Media Design.
• Feller, S. & Yengin, I. (Eds). (2013). 21st Century Education: Constructing meaning and building knowledge in technology supported learning environments. Netherlands: John Benjamins.
• Yengin, I. (2012). Use of Cognitive Artifacts in Chemistry Learning: Investigating the Design. Germany: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing. Retrieved from http://www.amazon.com/Cognitive-Artifacts-Chemistry-Learning-Investigating/dp/3659124664
• Yengin, I.(2012). “Book Review: Analyzing Narrative-Discourse and Sociolinguistic Perspectives. Language & Dialogue”, 2:3, 496–498.
• Yengin, I., Ince, I. F., Karahoca, A., & Uzunboylu, H. (2012). The use of deliberates practices on a mobile learning environment. Procedia Information Technology and Computer Science, 2, 241-249.
• Yengin, I., & Karahoca, A. (2012). What is Socratic Method?” The Analysis of Socratic Method through “Self Determination Theory” and “Unified Learning Model. Procedia Information Technology and Computer Science, 2, 357-365.
• Yengin, I., Karahoca, A., & Uzunboylu, H. (2012a). Common Instructional Design Perspectives of Visual Design, Web Usability and Multimedia Design. Procedia Information Technology and Computer Science, 2, 324-330.
• Yengin, I., Karahoca, A., & Uzunboylu, H. (2012b). The Roles of Intelligent Tutoring Agents in Dialectical Learning for Autonomous and Collaborative Exploration of Knowledge. Procedia Information Technology and Computer Science, 2, 295-302.
• Yengin, I. (2011). Importance of Feedbacks In Teaching, Communication And Information Systems For Learning. Communication and Culture Online Journal, 1(1), 309-317. Retrieved from http://komunikacijaikultura.org/KK1.html