LAPs Round 2
The second round of LAPs (learning action processes) as part of the project Global Education Goes Local (GEGL). The LAPs took place in 5 smaller localities across Cyprus including Dali, Lakatamia, Athienou, Lefkara, and Ipsonas.
Due to Covid-19 many of the activities took place online. Below is a list of the activities.
- The first event in Lefkara took place on 23/7/2020. This workshop was in collaboration with an almond farmer and local lace and honey museum with a presentation on the different Cyprus Almonds and the importance of Bees with a focus on SDG 11. It ended with a traditional dinner of souvlaki.
- The second event took place on 3/11/2020. This activities was in collaboration with Kato Drys Community Council and included with local almond farmers and local products including Lefkara style tile art and traditional fire oven brick making. Activities including games and the use of pop materials related to SDG 12, almond picking and planting, olive picking and processing, and a traditional lunch. Along with locals, there were many exchange students (between 18-25 years old) from an Erasmus project to promote local traditions.
- The last activity took place on 7/1/2021 online with Athienou. This workshop focused on Gender Equality.
- The first activity took place on 4/7/2020 in collaboration with the Athienou municipality. The focus was on sustainable cities (SDG 11) and how the community can recover from Covid.
- The second event took place on 7/11/2020, also with the Athienou municipality. The focus of this workshop was SDG 12 responsible consumption and production. It also had local products and food.
- The last activity took place on 7/1/2021 online with Lefkara. This workshop focused on Gender Equality.
- Dali, Lakatamia, and Ipsonas All of these activities took place online due to Covid. Each locality held 3 activities addressing SDGs 5, 11, and 12.
- LAPs2Athienou 4/7/2020.jpg
- LAPs2Athienou 7/11/2020.jpg
- LAPs2Dali 18/12/2020.jpg
- LAPs2Ipsonas 22/12/2020.jpg