From Future Worlds Center Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search
|Legal Council of the Republic of Cyprus
||Cyprus Bar Exam Vocational Course
- Civil Procedure
- Criminal Procedure
- Constitutional law
- Companies law
|University College London
||LLM Public International Law
- International Human Rights
- Foreing Relations Law
- International Law of the Sea
- International and Comparative Secured Transactions
|City University London
||Bachelor of Laws
- Contract law
- Criminal law
- Constitutional and Administrative law
- Commercial law
- International Criminal Law
- European Law
|November 2011 - present
||Future Worlds Center
- Legal representation in the field of asylum and refugee law.
- Facilitating the submission of asylum applications at the Immigration Police Offices and detention centres.
- Referring vulnerable persons to appropriate psychological support and accompanying them at RSD interviews.
- Advising first instance rejected applications followed by lodging and drafting appeals with reference to
principles of international law, international conventions, EU law and EU directives, national law as well
as EU and international case law and sources of country of origin information (COI)
- Submitting applications for legal aid at the Supreme Court of Cyprus.
- Liaising with the Ombudsman and governmental authorities in order to obtain adequate responses.
|September 2010 - September 2011
||Ioannides Demetriou LLC
- Undertaken seats in the corporate department and in general litigation.
- Qualified and admitted to the Cyprus Bar Association.
|November 2007 - August 2008
||Blackstone Group: Nido Kings Cross
- Created a sense of community through organising and advertising social and educational events for residents fortnightly.
- Responded to real life emergencies and offered day-to-day support.
- Carried out front desk administrative tasks and secretarial office support.
- Inspected common areas so as to maintain building safety.
- Acted as a reservations assistant through the promotion and marketing of the property to prospective customers
|July 2004 - August 2006
||Cypriot National Guard
- Trained on enforcement of military policies and code of conduct on soldiers of lower rank.
- Participated in numerous military exercises and trained on the operation of military equipment and the execution of strategic operations
- Worked as a cashier and a waiter at the Military Officers Association.